Saturday, July 18, 2020

💔 Gone But Not Forgotten 💔



                "His memory and these moves will live on, Gone But Not Forgotten" ~ Reggie Miller

 

Words that couldn't be more apt, to sum up how a lot of people feel even after a month of Sushant Singh Rajput's untimely demise. I've never seen or experienced this kind of an impact from a public figure's passing away. This feels like a personal loss to so many, even people like me who weren't ardent fans and followers of him. MS Dhoni was the first movie where I actually noticed his potential as an actor and how impactful he was. It was difficult to differentiate if it's him or actually Dhoni himself in some of the scenes particularly. So if someone like me, who just admired his body of work, is so affected by this entire unfortunate incident, I can only imagine how his fans feel. It's hard to forget and move past that innocent smile and a face full of numerous expressions. Every time I see any clip of his even if its humorous, I end up feeling heart broken and devastated.

I am filled with a plethora of emotions, avalanching with such intensity that it's difficult to even comprehend them on my own. Even while writing this I'm trying to figure out why am I so affected but I believe writing it down will help calm this storm building up inside me. There has not been a single day since June 14th, when I have not woken up to or slept with a thought of him and the entire situation. Honestly speaking there have been times I started doubting my own mental condition as to why am I feeling this way or if I've gone completely crazy.

So after weeks of turmoil and arguments with my own self, I finally decided to pen it down but still had doubts about posting it. However, after seeing the posts, videos and reactions of a lot of people who feel the exact same way and said that they are restless and disturbed too, even after a month, I decided to post it on my blog. We all have had personal losses and the demise of SSR gives the same sort of thoughts and emotions, but the question that I always ask myself is...Why am I so affected by him and this situation when I don't even know him personally? And that is a question I can’t seem to find an answer to even after a month now. SSR is on my mind throughout the day, most of the time involuntarily. Even though there are days I firmly decide that I won't think about him or go through any content related to SSR and the entire unfortunate incident, I end up doing the opposite.

I know it's also largely because it's being discussed so much on social media, though not so much in the mainstream media. So if it's still in the limelight on social media then definitely it's happening to many other people too. It's difficult to move past this topic as it's still unsettling for many to believe that a happy and high on life person like Sushant Singh Rajput could take his own life. Also, with so many other details surfacing in the past few weeks, it’s becoming even more disturbing. Everyday some or the other observation and minute details are coming to light which only makes us believe that there is definitely some foul play involved.

Sushant Singh Rajput wasn’t like just any other superstar and I learnt this now, like many others did post his demise, after seeing his interviews and other related content. He was so well-read, intellectual, passionate, uber-talented and inquisitive about everything in life.  Every interview or any kind of media interaction just goes to show how full of life he was and with a heart so pure. It feels like a personal loss because he was one of us. A ray of hope for those who wanted to take the same path. He was an inspiration to them that in spite of being an outsider, you can still make your mark in the industry, even though 90 percent of your competitors are a product of Nepotism and not even half as talented as you. SSR was a Good Samaritan too as he was involved in multiple causes to help the needy and to top it all he never did it for the camera or Page 3 coverage. His bucket list comprised of wishes and dreams to be fulfilled not only for himself but even for others...C'mon how often do we see that happening in this materialistic world?


The last time I was so moved and deeply affected by someone's tragedy (outside of my family) was when I heard about the Nirbhaya case. I know these are two absolutely different cases but the way they affected me and many people was a lot similar. It gave me the chills literally and multiple sleepless nights. Tragedies and unfortunate incidents happen a lot, so many get reported by the hour which make us angry or sad, but very few just engross us at a personal level. SSR's untimely and mysterious demise has us all shook even though its been over a month now. I'm glad about the fact that we are a part of the advanced digital age as a result of which the intricate details surfaced online to make everyone look at this incident from a completely different perspective.

Yes, we should use this platform to raise our voice for a fair investigation and probe by the CBI, but not at the cost of crossing all boundaries of social conduct. It's absolutely okay to have suspicion but giving rape and murder threats, to people who we presumably think could be responsible for this entire tragedy, will not serve the purpose. Sushant Singh Rajput, a gem of a person that he was, would definitely not deal with a situation in this manner. And abusing someone at the behest of SSR will in no way bring peace to his soul either so do not digress from the motive to get him justice in a respectful manner.

I wish SSR had gotten this unprecedented love, support, recognition and acceptance when he was alive. May God grant peace and solace to his soul...and if the speculations being made around his sudden and untimely demise are true that it wasn't a suicide...then hope he gets justice soon. Till then let's keep him and his family in our prayers and spread positivity while eagerly waiting for July 24th to arrive when his last movie 'Dil Bechara' releases. Let's celebrate his last movie with a loud cheer and send him positive vibes because we all know by now how passionate he was about his work and wholeheartedly invested himself in every character. Keep this fight going with all your heart, without turning it into some kind of propaganda just to grab some eyeballs or likes. Fight to keep that same innocent smile, which isn't leaving our thoughts, alive on SSR's face wherever he may be!

#RIPSSR #GoneTooSoon #YouWillBeDeeplyMissed #CBIForSushantSinghRajput 💔

14 comments:

  1. Very well written Komal Ma'am. Keep it up. More power to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words Aman...it means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. Very well written Komal... As usual... You always express your feelings and thoughts so well... And it's really sad that Sushant Singh.. Such a promising actor had to take this kind of step... I have never seen any of his movies... But I'm feeling his pain... Just hope that things improve and newcomers don't have to struggle so much inspite of being so talented ...and deserving...
    You really write very well... God bless you... Keep it up and waiting for many more write-ups... 🤗🤗👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love and appreciation Poonam Ma'am...its definitely motivating for me to keep going. I'm sure with your blessings I would be able to come up with many more write-ups. Love and regards 💖

      Delete
  3. We all should develop some empathy and show some kindness in these times. You are right, instead of hating and finding faults in others, this is the time to fill our eyes with love and a smile on our face for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Khan Saab for sharing your perspective...means a lot 💖

      Delete
  4. This is really amazing di.. You just poured your heart in this and am really short of words but I really want say and pray to God that please give lot of strength to his family and everyone who felt for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sky for these kind words...your love and support mean a lot to me...I'm glad to know that this blog resonated with you too 💖

      Delete
  5. this is a good write up... shows u are a good person at heart n can feel the pain that others hav experienced.. looking forward to more of your expressions being penned down. rip sushant, he will be missed yet his work will keep him alive... may god give strength to his engrieved family n fans..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There,

      I wish I knew your name but it shows as an Unknown Account.

      Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your time and valuable comments on my blog. I'm glad you liked it and also understood the emotion behind it.

      Thank you for you kind words which would definitely work as a motivation to keep this going...means a lot. Take care. 💖

      Delete
  6. As always Komal at her best.. well written and yeah people haven’t forgotten d loss of such a brilliant talent and a wonderful human being..

    Keep on with your blogs.. ya good at it as wat u pen down its straight from the heart and dats pure and true..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awweee that's such a sweet thing to say Merv...thanks for always being there to support and boost my morale.

    Also, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the situation...means so much 💖

    ReplyDelete